Happy Earth Day! At cPort, we think Earth Day is a great opportunity to reflect on our environmental impact individually and as an organization. Here are some of our staff’s favorite ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle:
- I keep re-usable straws at my desk and in my car!
- I don’t ever use paper towels when at home – I have reusable cloths!
- I keep a mug and reusable water cup here at work!
- Thrifting! Giving clothing and hard goods a second turn saves you money AND means for a smaller environmental impact.
- Ride a bicycle/walk/take the bus.
- LED light bulbs!
- An easy way to reduce impact (and clutter) is to purchase only what you’ll absolutely use. Rent, borrow, share whenever possible. Why buy a kayak when you can rent one for that once-per-decade adventure? But for something you’ll use often, buy high quality. A well-made, well-maintained bike frame can last over 75,000 miles.
- I drive a hybrid-electric car.
- I unplugging unused appliances and line dry my laundry.
- I’ve been vegetarian since ’05.
And here are a few ways you can go green when banking with cPort:
- Use your cPort coffee mug or tumbler you may have received when you opened your account
- Enroll in eStatements
- use eBanking to deposit checks instead of traveling to a branch
- Use Docusign to securely sign documents instead of printing paper documents
And finally, if you have a goal for going green that requires a larger up-front financial investment, consider a cPort Sustainability Loan!