Career Opportunities at cPort Credit Union
Internship Opportunity - Loan Operations Assistant
Part-Time beginning 5/1/15 – 8/15/15 (or as soon as practical following school)
Would you like to learn more about the banking industry? Are you interested in Lending? Interested in back office operations? Do you have fantastic multi-tasking and organizations skills? Our growing credit union is looking for an energetic, organized, collaborative, detail oriented person to work with our Loan Operations department on several large projects. We offer a paid internship that could lead you down the path to a great future in financial services.
Students will learn about key business operations as well as the field of financial services. They will gain a base understanding of the back office operations, including hands-on experience in loan operations and a general understanding of banking.
- Assist the Loan Operations Specialist with archiving loan documents
- Learn the loan system
- Learn a scanning system
- Archive loan files
- Confidential destruction
Other learning area possibilities include:
- Learn about Vehicle titles
- Learn about personal loans (loan review)
- Opportunity to job shadow other areas of the credit union (Marketing, Deposit Ops, Accounting, Loan Ops, MSR, Teller)
- Time commitment: 20-30 hours per week
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently with some oversight
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Pursing BS/BA
- Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class levels
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to
email@example.com or mail to:
cPort Credit Union
50 Riverside Industrial Parkway
Portland, ME 04103
cPort Credit Union takes pride in providing our members with exceptional personalized service in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We offer competitive wages, bonus and wellness programs, and an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities.