You will enjoy these benefits with cPort's checking account:
- No minimum balance required
- No service charges or hidden fees
- FREE debit card with no monthly usage fee
- FREE Online Banking (click here for more about our convenient tools in Online Banking)
As well as:
- Overdraft protection options
- Convenience of Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction
- FREE CUPhone (automated teller system)
- Convenient account access at over 5,000 branches nationwide via Shared Branching
- Over 200 Surcharge-free ATM locations via the statewide SurF Network
- Free box of checks for Classic Members (over 50)
Or, stop into one of our convenient branch locations or call 1-800-464-0253 to get started!
Introducing our new free4ME checking account designed exclusively for the 18-25 crowd. Click the icon on the right for more information!
Overdraft protection covers inadvertent insufficient funds items instead of returning them to the merchant, saving you from the additional charges resulting from a returned items and the embarrassment an overdrawn items can cause. It also helps protect your credit rating.
When a check or debit is presented for payment and there are not adequate funds in your account, the following options are available to cover the necessary funds:
- Overdraft Protection from Your Share Account – Automatically makes a transfer from your savings to your checking to cover an insufficient funds item.
- Overdraft Line of Credit* - A revolving line of credit that automatically advances a loan to you so your insufficient funds item clears.
At cPort Credit Union you can choose the option(s) of overdraft protection and customize the order of payment that best fits your needs. Choose to overdraft to either your Overdraft Line of Credit first then to your savings account, or savings account first then your Overdraft Line of Credit. It's up to you!
* Overdraft Line of Credit is subject to credit approval.