Help finance your education with a cPort student loan! Sometimes your savings and financial aid options are not enough to cover the full cost of your education. Our private student loan bridges the gap between savings, financial aid, and the cost of working toward a degree. Your future is bright!
All applicants must be credit union members in order to be eligible to receive education funding from cPort Credit Union. Please visit our Membership Page to ensure you and your co-applicant, if applicable, are eligible for membership. You can become a member now or following Conditional Approval of your loan application.
cPort Student Loan Advantages
- Competitive rates and fees (Application & Solicitation Disclosure)
- Maine based loan with a local community partner—us!
- Apply online!
cPort Student Loan Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible?
- You must be enrolled at least half time in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- School certification is required.
- You must meet credit standards (with or without a cosigner).
- Maine residents going to Maine or out-of-state colleges and universities are eligible.
- Out-of-state residents attending Maine colleges and universities are eligible.
How much can I borrow?
- Maximum loan amount: Cost minus aid (maximum $40,000 per year, $200,000 total)
- Minimum loan amount: $2,000
When do I need to start repaying my loan?
Many repayment options are available:
- You can start payments of principal and interest right away.
- You can defer payments of principal and interest while you are enrolled in school at least half time. Principal and interest payments begin following a six month grace period after you leave school.
- You can defer payments of principal, and make interest only payments while you are enrolled in school at least half time. Full principal and interest payments begin following a six month grace period after you leave school.
- Ask us for details about all of your repayment options.
cPort also offers student loan consolidation! Click here for more information about consolidation options.
For More Information
Call us at 1-800-464-0253, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in to one of our branches for more information today.