The sweetest weekend of the year is here – Maine Maple Sunday Weekend! Across Maine, close to 200 members of the Maine Maple Producers Association are participating in the 36th Annual Maine Maple Sunday Weekend. The farms, “sugarhouses,” or “sugar shacks” will offer tours, maple syrup goodies, sap to syrup demonstrations, and more. Some farms even have live music, petting farms, and games for the whole family!
The Maine Maple Producers has a complete guide of all the sugarhouses across Maine. We’ve put together a list of our favorite sugarhouses to check out this weekend:
- Merrifield Farm – Gorham, Maine: Lyle Merrifield is the president of the Maine Maple Producers Association and an expert on Maine Maple Sunday! This weekend, they will be offering an assortment of activities including demonstrations of the boiling process, blacksmith working, ox cart rides, music, self-guided tours, and a play area for children. They’ll also be offering an outdoor pancake breakfast, maple cotton candy, maple ice cream, smoked cheese maple cream, and more! Open Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Dunn Family Maple – Buxton, Maine: Dunn Family Maple will start the day off with a pancake breakfast, complete with lots of maple syrup! Throughout the day, there will be maple scavenger hunts, demonstrations of the syrup making process in the wood fired evaporator, and tours. Don’t forget to try some maple treats, including ice cream topped with maple syrup, maple whoopie pies, maple candies, maple cotton candy, and more! Open Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Sweet William’s – Casco, Maine: Sweet William’s will be giving sugarbush tours and detailed explanations of the syrup making process, as well as giving out free balloons and face painting for children. They will also be offering an assortment of maple treats including maple sundaes, maple baked beans, fried dough bites with maple syrup, maple popcorn, maple cotton candy, maple butter, maple doughnuts, maple coated almonds, maple fudge, and maple lollipops! Open Sunday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Bacon Farm Maple Products, LLC – Sidney, Maine: Along with giving tours of the sugarhouse and showing the operations of a woodfired evaporator, Bacon Farm will be doing horse drawn sleigh rides from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Some sweet treats available include maple cotton candy, maple whoopie pies, Whiskey Barrel Aged Syrup, honey, maple coated peanuts, maple popcorn, maple cream, soft and hard maple candy, and more! Open Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Harris Farm – Dayton, Maine: Harris Farm will be opening early for an all you can eat pancake breakfast. Some other treats available include maple syrup and candies, maple kettle corn and cotton candy, and glass bottled milk from their dairy store. They will also be giving sugarhouse tours and horse drawn hayrides! Open Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am-2:00 pm.
Have a safe and sweet Maine Maple Sunday Weekend!