Scammers are taking full advantage of the fact that many Americans are eagerly awaiting their chance to receive the COVID vaccine. Some people may get blind-sided by the shiny light at the end of the tunnel and fall victim to fraud along the way.
Here are a few tips we want to keep in mind when it comes to vaccine protocol, so you aren’t easily fooled:
- During this public health emergency, you likely will not have to pay out of pocket for the vaccine
- You cannot pay a fee to get early access to the vaccine
- You cannot put your contact information down to get put on some sort of waiting list for the vaccine
- No one will contact you from a vaccine distributor asking for personal or bank information to register you for the vaccine
- If someone calls, emails or texts you making claims that they can get you access to the vaccine, it’s likely a scam–proceed with caution!
Remember, the pharmaceutical companies are just beginning to release vaccines, and other companies will follow suit for the remainder of the year. This is just the beginning for potential scammers to start preying on unsuspecting victims.
As always, if you have a question about whether something is legitimate don’t hesitate to give us a call, we’re here to help 1-800-464-0253.
Learn more about what the Federal Trade Commission has to say about potential vaccine scams here.